top of page
Income Protection for Doctors
1. You've invested a great amount to get where you are.
2014 median cost of attendance for a 4 year medical school.*
2. You may have a huge amount of debt to pay back. 79% percent of medical school graduates carry $100,000 or more of medical school debts.**
3. You have a lot of earning power on the line.
In 2013, physicians earned between $176,000 and $413,000 annually--more than most other professions.***
4. You'll probably be working a lot of extra hours. The U.S. faces an estimated shortage of 90,000 physicians by 2025.****
5. Disability occurs frequently. You see it firsthand.
1 in 4 of today's 20 year olds will become disabled before they retire.*****
Approximately 90% of disabilities are caused by illnesses rather than accidents.******
Many physicians are under insured when it comes to income protection
+ Limits should be adjusted for incomes that increase over time.
+ Coverage may be lacking correct features to maximize your protection.
Physician Financial and Insurance Services
1187 Coast Village Road # 220
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
Telephone: 1-800 318 6050
CA Insurance License #0B19335
*** Medscape Physician Compensation Report 2014
**** Washington Post
***** Social Security Administration, Fact Sheet March 18, 2011
****** Council for Disability Awareness, Long Term Disability Claims Review, 2011
bottom of page